1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cup flour (I used 100% whole wheat)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 bananas
2 TB water
1 tsp vanilla
Cream butter & sugar together. Add beaten egg. In seperate bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a blender, puree bananas, water and vanilla until smooth. Combine all the mixtures and bake in a greased bread pan for 50-55 minutes at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean.
***
SO GOOD!!! This is definitely my new banana bread recipe. Might have to make it every week! I love finding recipes like this where I can substitute the whole wheat flour and not lose ANY flavor.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This sounds delish! I was always a little jealous of DeAnn's baking skills (or perhaps embarrassed my lack of them), but apparently it runs in the family. Got a great pumpkin bread recipe for a beginner?
Post a Comment