1 T olive oil
1 slice bacon, crumbled (I usually add a little extra)
1 onion, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
2 carrots, grated or chopped
4 garlic cloves
1 t oregano
1/2 t rosemary
1 28 0z can tomatoes
2 16 oz cans chicken stock
2 c water
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 c pasta (I usually add more)
1 can white beans
1 can kidney beans
1/4 c parsley
Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large pot over moderate heat. Add bacon, onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook 4 minutes. Add oregano and rosemary and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and stir 1 minute. Add stock, water, salt, pepper, and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in beans and parsley. Heat through; then serve topped with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks good! Good excuse to get some bacon! :) Do you buy your parsley fresh and just chop it yourself?
I haven't used fresh parsley before--just the store packaged dry parsley.
Post a Comment