1 C chopped carrot
1 C chopped celery
1 C chopped onion
Sautee in olive oil over med heat until tender.
Add:
1/4 c uncooked pearl barley
1 can rinsed red beans
3 1/2 c vegetable broth
1 can petite diced tomatoes
Bring to a boil, cover, simmer over low heat for 35-45 minutes.
Add 2 cups fresh spinach, heat through. Add black pepper to taste.
***
Once again, this was my first time trying this recipe. I just went through all of my cookbooks and marked a ton of new recipes, so bear with me on trying these out!!
This was really good. My kids both gobbled it right up! How I love stuffing my children with veggies!!! Makes up for all of the candy and crackers they inhale. I thought it was a tad bland, so I added some dried basil as well. If you have any good seasoning suggestions, let me know!! I also served this with buttered whole wheat bread for dipping.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This made good leftovers too. It lasted two nights, so no post last night, sorry!
Awesome--we loved this. I added salt and garlic salt.
Post a Comment