In a crockpot combine:
3-4 chicken breasts, frozen
1/8 c red wine vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
1 onion, sliced
Salt & Pepper to taste
Juice from 1-2 limes
Cook all day. Shred about 1-2 hours before serving.
Serve in a warmed wheat tortilla with shredded mozzarella, green leaf lettuce & tomatoes. Squeeze another lime over top if desired.
***
I will admit, this doesn't smell all that great while cooking (thanks to the vinegar). I was nervous. But...it was delicious! So good!! The chicken was really moist and the flavors were really good. Both of my kids gobbled the chicken mixture up so fast! I made simple chicken/cheese roll-ups for them. This is definitely a keeper at my house!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This chicken was AMAZING! Sweet & tangy at the same time. I used it to layer over fried tortillas, refried beans, & salsa. It was delish!
Post a Comment