Combine in blender the following and mix on high speed for 2 full minutes
1 c whole wheat (the actual wheat, NOT whole wheat flour)
1 c milk
Add: 1 c more milk and blend 2 more minutes (do not add more wheat!!!)
Add: 2 eggs
2 T canola oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 T brown sugar
Blend well.
Can store in refrigerator overnight.
Just before cooking, add 1 T baking powder
Blend in gently with moment speed until mixed, the batter will be fairly liquid-y!
Use 1/8 cup to pour into heated pan. When bubbly, flip. Makes about 18 or so pancakes, depending on size.
***
My mom has been making these pancakes for a few years, they are SO good!! I love having one more thing to use my wheat for and get those whole grains into my kiddos (and less sugar)! Cam is eating his 4th pancake right now, and Allie is on her 3rd! These pancakes are also great because you can make a big batch and reheat them the next day, they taste just as good! Enjoy!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Here in Indiana, we call that whole wheat "wheat berries." I use them a lot as a breakfast cereal or instead of rice. Funny I never thought of tossing them in the blender to make my own flour/meal! I'm totally giving that a try!
I thought these were delicious! My family... not so much cuz they are afraid of anything that's a wee bit healthy for them! Keep posting yummy "healthy" recipes! I love them!
Post a Comment