1 TB olive oil
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cans black beans, rinsed & drained
1 can vegetable broth
1 TB cider vinegar
1/2 tsp oregano
course salt and ground pepper
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, 8-10 minutes.
Add beans, broth, vinegar and oregano. Cook, mashing some beans, until slightly thickened, 6-8 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Serve beans over long-grain white rice.
***
Yum! My kids loved it! And it tasted even better the next day!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I bought some black beans when we did our weekly grocery shopping today so I can give this recipe a try! I'm always on the look-out for inexpensive, quick and delicious recipes! I'll let you know what we think...
Post a Comment