Monday, September 20, 2010

Brown Sugar Oat Muffins

1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Combine in a bowl.

2 eggs
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla

Whisk together in a separate bowl.

Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, combine just until moistened.

Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.  Makes 1 dozen.

***
I was craving bran muffins this morning, but didn't have the ingredients, so I found this recipe instead in my Taste of Home cookbook.  They were SO good...perfect hint of sweetness!  But the oats and whole wheat flour made me feel like they were a healthier snack option.  Yum!!

2 comments:

starnes family said...

Sounds wholesome and delicious. Well done!

Missy said...

Sounds yummy...I'll have to try and make a vegan version of this!!